For the past few weeks, we’ve been exploring the theme of “Building Community.” But it’s one thing to think about community and quite another to practice it. So, here is your community “to do” list:
1. Understand how important it is for YOU to be connected to other people of faith, despite the problems that can sometimes arise in community.
2. Take the risk of being rejected. Everyone is anxious when entering a new community.
3. Extend community to everyone, just as Jesus did. When at church, be on the lookout for those who might be seeking out a new community for the first time – and invite others who don’t have a church home.
4. Smile! Let people see the joy of your faith. Seek to be a positive influence.
5. Forgive others – even as God has forgiven you. Community is impossible without forgiveness.
6. Locate others who represent the very best in your community and join them in whatever it is they are doing. Chances are, that is where God is at work.
I’m sure there is more to creating faithful community, but this is a good start. And don’t forget – you are an important part of the FCC community!